The beauty of natural and man-made stone can take the look of your home and property to the next level. But as temperatures fluctuate and cause the ground to shift underneath your stones, it could cause them to become uneven or to even break.
When the weather warms up, there are a few things you can do to make sure your stone sidewalk, pathway, or patio is a safe surface to walk on and beautiful to look at.
- Remove all debris from the stone area to assess the state of the stone
- Lightly rinse away mud, dirt, and dust to be able to better see if there are any cracks or chips in the stone.
- Study your stone area. Have any stones been pushed up during the cold winter months? Have any sharp edges formed that could injury someone? Have areas buckled or become smashed together?
- If you are able to, carefully remove the stones that have noted damage above. You can then attempt to even out the ground that they were placed on and restore the area as a flat and safe walkway.
- If you aren’t able to remove the stone, contact our team at [company,data=name] who can help restore the area.
With our team’s expertise, we will be able to restore your stone area to make it a safe and beautiful space once again. That way, you can enjoy time spent in those spaces without the backbreaking work that accompanies the project. Call us today!